The year has come and gone rather quickly. The world didn't end - but I'll say it stopped briefly with news of a new Roger Rabbit book
on the way. Yaya Han
brought Jessica Rabbit cosplay to new heights with a stunning look, all created by herself. A very limited edition Jessica Rabbit Champagne
was released on the cruise ship Fantasy in the Oh La La Lounge, and she was found hidden away on Disney's private island, Castaway Cay
. A photo of Disney's only live version of Jessica Rabbit was brought to attention from the Disney On Ice Show
in 1990. ImNotBad.com reached over half a million page views, opened a Jessica Rabbit World
Tumblr page, snagged an interview with Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin ride designer Marcelo Vignali
, and saw over 120 posts about Jessica Rabbit news... and some great merchandise.
Jessica Rabbit Premium Format Figure by Sideshow Collectibles
- After a year long wait it was finally released this summer. It was well worth it too. This is by far the best, and most accurate, Jessica statue so far. With a special light-up display base, and accompanied by a statue of the Penguin waiter, the Premium Format became THE Jessica collectible to have. From the vibrant colors, to her real form fitting glittered dress, it was enough of a success that even people who were not fans of the movie were buying it!
Hop In, Jessica! Animation Cel
- A complete surprise item released at its own special event in Disney's Hollywood Studios. This hand painted animation cel was created by artists, Erin Magill, Theodora M. DeLaney, David Rippberger, Lynn Rippberger and Sharon K. Vincent. It came with a certificate of authenticity, a postcard signed by all the artists, and a Limited Edition pin. Jessica has never looked so good, and is still just drawn that way since 1988.
Jessica Rabbit Coffee Tumbler
- Jessica Rabbit apparently likes her morning coffee, as we can see with the I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn To Coffee
tumbler mug released at the beginning of the year. Each mug comes with a rubber lid and a beautiful, vibrant picture of Jessica up front, and the slogan on the reverse side.
Mickey's Toontown 20th Anniversary Pin
- Disneyland's Toontown is celebrating it's 20th anniversary in 2013, and helping celebrate the occasion are none other than Roger and Jessica. They are surprisingly on this pin - since it clearly says Mickey's Toontown on it, proving the characters still have a lot of popularity among guests (and the Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin ride remains to be one of the more popular ones there.)
Jessica Rabbit Statue by Jim Shore
- At long last, folk artist Jim Shore decided to create a Jessica Rabbit statue using his highly recognizable style. Jessica is in all her glory, this time with the quilt-like patters which give charm and uniqueness to the works of Jim Shore.
Roger's Piano Bar and Night Club T-Shirt, Jessica Rabbit Salute! T-Shirt, Casual Jessica Rabbit T-Shirt
- Yet another release that took everyone by surprise. Four new Roger Rabbit shirts were release at the end of the year, and three of them featured Jessica Rabbit. There hasn't been a shirt of Roger without Jessica in some 20 years now, so the fact a shirt with him was released had everyone hoping for more good news. Jessica donned two new looks, a Navy uniform, and her very "casual" look. She also shared a shirt with Roger, and since there was quite a selection this time around, each shirt struck a chord with different people.
And last, but not least, Vanity Fair
conducted an on-line poll to find out once and for all who was THE sexiest animated cartoon ever. It was a tighter race at the end, coming down to Pocahontas and Jessica Rabbit - but Jessica managed to keep her title and won the poll
with 62% of the vote.