In 2008, Who Framed Roger Rabbit celebrated it's 20th Anniversary - and surprisingly Disney payed a little bit of attention to our favorite characters, although the focus was mainly on Jessica.
2008 saw a bunch of Roger Rabbit Anniversary pins, all of which included Jessica Rabbit, and not one of them featured Roger, the main character, alone (one pin did feature Jessica alone laying across the title of the movie). Other than pins, the only other item released was a Who Framed Roger Rabbit 20th Anniversary watch. There had been a 15th Anniversary watch/statue set released a few years prior, and there were a few Roger and Jessica watches released when the movie had come out in 1988. I believe there was a framed watch along with a full photo from the watch face but I don't remember which anniversary that was for.
A few things about the watch that are a little off;
- "Anniversary" not being written on the box top, or on the face of the watch as I just discovered.
- Jessica's gloves are red here on the watch and box - not purple as they should be. Would it have cost that much more for them to use purple?
- Roger's glove is white here, not yellow. They use the yellow on his tie and buttons, so why not on his glove?
- Price - $95! That's a bit much for this. If it was not a gift I'm not sure I'd have paid that much.
- For the 20th Anniversary, it should have been done up much more - but this seems less impressive than the 15th Anniversary watch & statue set.
These were only available as a Disney Park Exclusive and I actually do not see this very much of them anymore. It is on eBay sometimes and does not go for less than what it was originally worth. I'm not sure how well these sold, but was told the Disney Castmember said it was the last one in stock when it was bought. All in all it was nice to see something other than pins released for the 20th Anniversary of Who Framed Roger Rabbit and I think this will be a very sought after watch in the future.